Just like chronic diseases such as cardiac arrest and arthritis, depression needs to be handled with utmost consideration. Therapists are important as they offer private access and guidance in accordance with their mental health profession.
Alice Winkle is a Licensed Professional Counselor in Alabama. Having personally experienced anxiety issues, Winkle decided to opt to study psychology instead of nursing to help people overcome depression. Winkle joined Talkspace after seeing how patients struggled in long queues at her previous employment to get therapy. Some even had problems getting out of bed. Working at Talkspace has made Winkle proud of her work as many people appreciate her as soon as they get out of depression and make bold moves.
Winkle specializes in helping people struggling with anxiety and post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD). She has experience in Trauma-Focused Cognitive Behavioral Therapy for children and adults. Winkle loves being outside and can work from anywhere. She looks up to Carl Rogers as her mental hero.
Talkspace is a text-based therapy where you’re matched with a professional therapist who gets to know the cause of your depression either from life history, friendships, or relationships. The therapist will interview you to get more information on how to approach your problem and offers actionable remedies.
Why should you choose Talkspace?
- Talkspace is convenient as you can access therapy anywhere and anytime. No worries about booking appointments, getting late or missing your therapist.
- Talkspace keeps your identity anonymous unless you’re willing to disclose it to your therapist. For people who are suffering from stigmatization or feeling embarrassed, Talkspace gives you a platform to be free as your identity is kept a secret.
- Media sharing with your therapist is enabled. You can share videos, photos to better explain your situation to your therapist.
- Talkspace is cost-effective compared to in-person sessions
- Swapping of therapists is easy with Talkspace
- Talkspace gives you time to think and craft useful answers before you respond to queries.
- Talkspace has no time limits. You can talk to your therapist as much as you wish without incurring any additional cost.