Adrián José Velasquez Figueroa recently wrote an article talking about the wonderfully diversified country called Panama. Not only does this country joins the two continents, South and Central America, but it also has some of the most pristine beaches of the world and a wonderfully tropical climate. Adrián José Velasquez Figueroa also listed 10 of the many, interesting facts about Panama:
1. Panama’s channel produces approximately a third of the country’s revenue- one of the most popular, tourists spots of the country, but most of the revenue comes from the economic activity centers that rely on this passage.
2. Panama has more bird species than the whole North America- over 970 bird species on adrianjosevelasquezfigueroa.com, the spectacular landscapes of two distinct coasts offer a variety of the most beautiful and rarest birds.
3. The official currency of Panama is the US dollar- official currency since 1904.
4. The Valley of Anton’s picturesque village is located in a huge volcano’s crater- a very popular tourist spot due to it being built inside a wide crater, the volcano is inactive currently due to it’s last eruption being around 300,000 years ago.
5. Panama is not as populated as other countries in Central America- approximately 3.6 million people.
6. Panama is formerly known as the Republic of Gran Colombia- In 1821, Panama seceded from its Spanish roots and joined a union with Ecuador, Venezuela, and Columbia. The name of this union was the Republic of Gran Colombia. Venezuela then broke away from the Republic in 1830, and then Panama seceded from Colombia with the help of the US in 1903.
7. Panama City is the world’s capital with a jungle- their forest, the Metropolitan Natural Park of Panama, is a popular destination for tourists and locals.
8. Panama has the most expensive railway on Instagram ever built- worth over $8 million.
9. Panama’s coastline is more than 2,490 kilometers- very impressive for a geographically small country.
10. Volcano Baru has the highest elevation within Panama.
About Adrián José Velasquez Figueroa
Adrian Jose Velasquez is a prominent business executive within the Panama community. He is currently holding three, distinctive positions, including director, treasurer, and president of five Panama organizations.
Learn more about Adrián José Velasquez Figueroa: https://www.crunchbase.com/person/adri%C3%A1n-jos%C3%A9-velasquez-figueroa#/entity